lbo-talk-digest V1 #5178

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Oct 30 10:47:13 PST 2001

Doug writes:

> I've been amazed over the last few days by Washington's amazement at
> the tenacity of the Taliban and by U.S. forces' failure to get any
> useful intelligence in their ground raid the other day.

I thought those reports (and others like "We're surprised! These guys can fight!") was just propaganda designed to help the masses come to grips with the length and depth of the upcoming actions. When the actions (and associated "collateral damage") increases in intensity in the coming weeks, The People will think to themselves: it's _gotta_ be that way, look at how studly we found the Taliban fighters to be! We wouldn't have to be so harsh if they were not as formidable as they are.

/jordan