Privacy in an age of Terror

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Oct 30 14:41:36 PST 2001

Kevin Dean reports:

> Full Story:
> http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/01_45/b3756001.htm
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Technology exists that, had it been far more
> aggressively deployed, might have tracked down
> Al-Midhar before he stepped on board the plane.

What I don't understand is where these "watch lists" that we keep hearing about ("They found another guy who was on the _watch list_")? If they aren't used at the border, where the heck _are_ they used?! How about "tracking down" people _before_ they enter the country? Why do we need "technology" to find people after they got here?

Sheesh.

/jordan