Fight Anti-Terrorism Measures! Re: Antiwar movement procustean bed

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Wed Oct 31 00:32:09 PST 2001

I don't follow these antiwar movement threads much for obvious reasons of geography but I would really like to know if any antiwar group has acknowledged that Enduring Freedom is an imperialist war for which 9-11 has has served as a pretext. If not, why?

Enduring Freedom as Big Oil's Great Game is in the process of being blown wide open in the European press. The non-US West is drifting ever more rapidly away from the Dubya - Blair coalition (Blair's own constituents are against the bombing). This will not only leave the US high and dry, but will also put the US antiwar movement in an embarassing position. The vanguard of the political left bamboozled by the NSC state's propaganda? Not good, not good at all.

I agree that "bringing the perps to justice" is a politically risky demand, unless you're prepared to accept that some of those perps might be sitting at Langley or Tel Aviv. Alternatively, the left can brace for yet more pie in the face by implicitly trusting Dubya's "secret evidence" against ObL.

Hakki Alacakaptan