What kind of 'anti-war movement'?

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 12:31:35 PST 2001

--- Chuck0 <chuck at tao.ca> wrote:
> Pretty fucking typical. Why in the hell should
> anti-capitalist
> organizers like myself not criticize sectarians when
> they continue to do
> the same shit that has screwed up movements for the
> past half century?
> I've seen these groups pull this shit in the past,
> which is why I've
> been so outspoken during the current situation. Most
> of the younger and
> newer activists have never had to deal with Left
> opportunism like
> this...

I am in complete agreement with you Chuck. Rather than the avant-garde that they claim to be, the WWP type groups are really an "arriere-garde" that suck the movement back into their hole. Unfortunately, there is no other way to expose them to the new forcse than to expose them over a period of time through debate. It is important not to allow them to dissimulate their politics behind the smokescreen of " we want to unite the most people", which as you know is just a way of saying that they (the wwp and other vanguardists) cannot unite with that Pof U and dont want to risk losing control of the movement by allowing it to pass. This "unite all" rhetoric sounds really good to the innocent. That is what really needs to be honed in on.

I agree with you that the vanguard element needs to be swept out of the way and especially in the current movement. Unfortunately each time there is a new cycle of struggle, the new forces will be made to suffer through the vanguardist's bullshit for a while until they too become hip to what's up. I wish there were a shortcut but there isn't.

-Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx