What kind of 'anti-war movement'?

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Wed Oct 31 16:41:22 PST 2001

Dennis wrote:

> > I don't know if you give a shit or not, but I've spent alot of time
> > trying to build broad coalitions that involved all types of political
> > philosophies in them. However, there are certain groups among the Left
> > which are simply incompatible with a movement that is decentralized,
> > anti-hierarchical, and uses consensus decision-making.
> >
> > Chuck0
>
> Yes, yes, Chuck. We all know of your exploits. But you must get a sense of
> humor, pal. Sci-fi and street anarchism have sucked it out of you.

I apologize for being too damn serious.

Actually, it was those red-caped vampires from the Workers World Party that sucked the sense of humor out of me.

Since it's Halloween and I haven't had my candy fix today, let me relate one amusing incident that happened after our Reclaim the Streets party last weekend. After the cops had cleared us off the street we had occupied for over 1 1/2 hours, a bunch of us returned to a street corner near the cops, where we proceeded to give them all kinds of flack. Max, the anarchist squatter and street medic, loudly suggested that we form a "zombie bloc."

He started the chant:

"What do we want?"

"BRAINS!"

"When do we want them?

"BRAINS!"

Our attempt to channel brains for the cops failed, because a short time later they attacked us.

Chuck0