Hydrocarbons and a New Strategic Region: The Caspian Sea and Central Asia (and Al Saud)

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Wed Oct 31 15:08:25 PST 2001

Well I have put in a lot of time to try to get this very important point across so you're right, I do tend to be impatient if you answer without reading what I wrote. I'm not, however, interested in flame wars.

|| relaying the information from the Rashid book. Of

|| course, the bombing of the embassies was the final

|| straw, but from Rashid's book, it seems like the major

|| pressure from feminist groups played a major part in

|| the US govt starting to maintain distance from the

|| Taliban. Now if you dont agree with this, state your

|| reasons.

Thomas Seay just posted a Figaro report that the CIA met ObL in July. The US would love to cut a deal with the Taliban even now. There's $3 trillion worth of oil&gas waiting to be sold there and you think feminists changed US policy? Rashid's book hasn't got everything, follow the links in the threads on this list. This list is probably the best source of information you can find on Dubya's war.

|| > Try reading my posts. The Turkey route is

|| > economically insignificant. I

|| > know, I live there.

|| this point. Do you answer why it is so insignificant?

|| It appeared to me, again from the Rashid book, that

|| the problem with the Turkish route is that it would be

|| expensive and that it ran through the Kurdish region,

|| which was deemed as unstable.

Nonsense. It's being built, but it's not as hugely profitable as the Afghan pipeline would be. The Baku-Ceyhan pipeline will be used mostly by Turkey for its own energy needs.

Hakki Alacakaptan