[Fwd: Sandy Koufax]

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Sep 5 08:40:23 PDT 2001

At 10:44 AM 9/5/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Having been at work the last couple of days, I haven't had a chance to
>check the accumulating digests to see if anybody has answered Tom Walker's
>questions, particularly the one about Sandy Koufax. Since my ignorance of
>sport is nearly total, I am forwarding my son Michael's data, which, since
>he is nearly always right, are surely authoritative.

i think the point of the exercise was that a. had an answer whereas the others have answers that are endlessly debatable. all are a form of navel gazing. the first is worthwhile because there IS an answer, even if trivial. the latter three aren't worthwhile and, basically, amount to picking lint out of your navel and classifying it according to various "lint typologies" that we also endlessly debate.