Fwd: Re: Victory to Iraq

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 5 10:14:36 PDT 2001

X-From_: LeoCasey at aol.com Wed Sep 5 12:04:01 2001 From: LeoCasey at aol.com Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:03:22 EDT Subject: Re: Victory to Iraq To: lbo-talk-digest <owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com> Mime-Version: 1.0

>This from a man who thinks we should debate whether or not Nato was a
>sufficient way to stop the impending genocide on the poor Kosovars- and
>thinks those who call the trial false are simply deluded, but thinks the
>media is somehow trustworthy on the subject of the trial of Milosevic.
>
>One need not be a Spart to realise that of course an Iraqi (or Yugoslav,
>or Panamanian or Vietnamese or....) would be a good thing. Apparently your
>calling in life is social-democracy. Which is fine- but admit it upfront.
>
>Macdonald

Macdonald:

You have escaped the rather narrow narrative confines of Alice in Proyectland on LBO-Talk. Being a social democrat or a radical democrat [I am not offended by being called the former, but I am much more of the latter] is not the 'scarlet letter' here. Argument by personal insult is not de rigueur here.

If anyone here is not already aware of my support for the UN trial of the serial ethnic cleanser Milosevic, or of my opposition to the murderous Saddam, it is because they are relatively new to our discussions.

Leo Casey United Federation of Teachers 260 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10010-7272 212-98-6869

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never has, and it never will. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. -- Frederick Douglass --

.