Images of Palestinians in US media

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Wed Sep 5 11:26:06 PDT 2001

At 12:50 PM 09/05/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Which is a key point- Israel kills quietly for specific political and
>military results, while the Palestinians bombers concentrate on generating
>horrific images.

Oh please, please, please, NO! There is nothing "silent" about what Israel is doing except for the cloak of invisibility that the US and some of its allies extends over it.

It is mindboggling that the third most powerful army in the world is seen as somehow equal to a collection of desperate individuals defending their right to live unmolested in their own country.

How about this: The Israelis will give the Palestinians their Apache helicopters, bombs, jets, etc. and the Palestinians will give the Israelis plastic explosives to wrap around their bodies. Or as the Alegerians put it when the French complained that guerilla warfare wasn't fair: "We'll give the French our handbags (filled with expolosives) if they give us their jets."

Joanna Bujes