Getting rid of spam

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Sep 6 10:05:00 PDT 2001

In the last couple of months, i've been getting a lot of email about growing my penis, sniffing adolescent panties, etc. Since I have never been near a porn site, I asked around at work as to how I had gotten on these mailing lists. The answer was the following:

"A quick search of your email address on google turned up the culprit. You participate in a mailing list, lbo-talk, that stores its archives on the web without masking the email addresses. You might ask whoever does the archiving to look into blanking out the email addresses for the web archives. You can see an example of this by looking at the archives for a mailing list at yahoo groups."

So, is this possible? Blanking out the email adress for the web archive?

Thanks,

Joanna Bujes