men & women

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Sep 6 14:10:30 PDT 2001

At 02:52 PM 09/06/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I was at a party last night and we all got to talking about the recent pole
>done by FHM magazine regarding men's treatment of women worldwide. The men
>of South Africa were ranked the greatest assholes in the world, Australians
>came in second, American men 3rd. German men,

This kind of reminds me of a little snippet from Marx...I forget WHERE it's from...but he said something about how, if you don't have that much time, one way to figure out the relative degree of civilization anywhere in the world, is to look at the relations obtaining between men and women.

The other thing that's notable is that the all the men that earned the asshole medals were from "settler" states... Is that worth pursuing?

I had a German boyfriend. He was one of the nicest (and most relaxed) boyfriends I ever had. (He was also a communist.)

Joanna Bujes