spam

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Sep 6 14:01:13 PDT 2001

At 02:52 PM 09/06/2001 -0400, Doug wrote:
>Someone told me that S*u*n scans all resumes and throws out all those
>not containing names like Stanford, MIT, and Yale.

Of all the stupidity I have ever encountered in the private sector, Human Resources (those who scan resumes) takes the cake. Where I work, we just call them the Gestapo.

If it all possible, you should always get your resume to a company through a human contact rather than through HR.

I don't know if it's true that they scan for Stanford, MIT, and Yale. I once tried to submit a resume for a friend, and found out that they will not accept any kind of formatted resumes. Think about it for a second. Who do you know that prepares a resume in simple text: letters and spaces ONLY? Doesn't EVERYBODY try to compose a really elegant, formatted resume???? Apparently their scanners can't handle formatted resumes. Brainy geeks indeed!!!

Ugh,

Joanna Bujes