U.S. Exports

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 6 15:39:02 PDT 2001

joanna bujes wrote:

>Now, I don't imagine that Doug thinks ending welfare programs is a
>giant step forward for humanity. So, Doug, why are you raising this
>issue? Do you think the working class in Western Europe is next to
>be crushed by a U.S. inspired rob-the-workers program?

Hey, not me! I just forwarded the abstract as yet another example of the treachery of economists - a further illustration of Jim O'Connor's aphorism that economics is a criminal enterprise.

It was also intended for those Europhilic American lefties who don't realize how much America envy there is among the EU elite.

Doug