Israel

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri Sep 7 14:43:12 PDT 2001

At 04:30 PM 09/07/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>And while we are on the subject of European colonial settler states, it
>might be well pointed out that what truly distinguishes Israel from
>European settler states from Kenya and Zimbabwe to Canada and the US, from
>Chile and Argentina to the New Zealand and Australia is: (1) that Jews had
>historically originated in Palestine, and many still lived there; and (2)
>Jewish settlers came not only from Europe, but from across the Middle East,
>where they were expelled in the tens of thousands by the same Arab states
>that now chant "Zionism is racism," and from Africa. These are the dirty
>little details that are hidden under the sweeping generalizations of a
>"mostly" European settler state...

1. Most Jews did NOT live in Palestine.

2. The Arab states expelled the Jews in retaliation for the expulsion of the Palestinians.

3. If the United States had had a proactive immigration policy toward the displaced/traumatized Jews of Europe following WWII, most jews would NOT have emigrated to Palestine. But let's see, if memory serves, American jews played NO part at all in urging such a policy. Those unwashed eastern european jews would have made them look bad...

For example, emigration of Jews from Romania (with which I am inimately acquainted, being the daughter or one) resulted in most jews NOT wanting to go to Israel if they had any choice at all. My father would not even consider it--given that his was a mixed marriage and knowing full well how we would be treated there. And this even though the rest of the Jewish part of the family lived in Israel.

Please Leo explain to me why the Arabs must pay for German crimes. That's one I have never understood.

What you must understand is that the polarization created by the Israeli regime, supported by the U.S. is not another example of anti-semitism.

Joanna Bujes