Israel

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 7 17:35:34 PDT 2001

joanna bujes wrote:

> Please Leo explain to me why the Arabs must pay for German crimes. That's
> one I have never understood.
>
> What you must understand is that the polarization created by the Israeli
> regime, supported by the U.S. is not another example of anti-semitism.

Joanna, what is ultimately at issue here has nothing whatever to do with Jews, Israelis, Germans, or Arabs. It has to do with the politics of the core of u.s. conservatism, those who attach themselves to the Democratic Party and the AFL-CIO. To support the DP, "progressives" have to invent grounds for their support of Israel. Since there are no such grounds in reality, they are trapped in a metaphysical swamp in which it makes sense to punish Arabs for German crimes.

It is useless to "refute" Leo's arguments, because those arguments are merely window-dressing for his allegiance to Clinton & Co.

Carrol