Hi-jack fall-out

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Tue Sep 11 12:04:02 PDT 2001

I've spent the better part of the past couple of hours scrolling through online discussion lists, and I must say the mood is very ugly. The screaming for Palestinian and Afghani blood is deafening. I read one who said that all "good" Americans should enthusiastically give up many of their civil liberties to aid the now even Holier War on Terror. I've seen calls for Jesse Jackson to be hanged for treason. Detention camps for "domestic enemies" have been suggested. I know a lot of this is typical Web hyperbole, but I wonder: Are we in for real serious rhetoric as the death toll rises?

DP