911

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Tue Sep 11 14:08:53 PDT 2001

kelley - any confirmation on gas prices in some areas of flo. rising to $4 a gallon as people who were booked on flights turned to rent-a-cars and lined up at stations for gas?

-----Original Message----- From: kelley [mailto:kwalker2 at gte.net] Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 2:31 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com; Politics Subject: 911

tampa is a major center for air force war operations--we flew out of tampa during gulf war. MacDill Air Force Base

my kid spent an hour in "lock down" -- this they only use in case of terrorist attack on school. they have "lock down" drills in case anyone come blazing in with guns. everyone gets under the desk, nuke attack drill style, and the doors to each room are locked. ugh. this was also be/c the shrub was in saratoga, just an hour and a half south. i guess this is why they responded with a lock down.

anyway, a lot of public places were shut down here. malls won't open. evacuated tampa airports of course. my son claims that it's just dead traffic wise. i have a home office, so i was glued to the tube and the 'net and can't see traffic because i live at the back of a complex near a park.

seth, thanks for the comment about us dancing in the streets with Iraq. it was helpful to reference that event when calming my son down --what with

all the buzz from school. fortunately, he didn't seem too bugged out about "arabs". apparently, someone reminded them at school that OK bombing was

committed by someone from the US.

911. when i called my boss he said: what's the date? 9-11. oiy. he's getting phone calls like crazy from the press -- they want him to comment on privacy, crypto, US security in the aftermath. bah. good news for the

latest POS joke of a bill, SSSCA, and anything else designed to increase

"security".

kelley