What course of action should the U.S. take?

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Wed Sep 12 15:26:40 PDT 2001

Given all the complaints about lack of security or lax security at the airports, does this mean that maybe the Bush administration and congress will provide the budget needed to make sure that security personnel at the airports are paid a living wage? Right now they are so poorly paid that the turnover rates are notoriously high. Would this be part of the new security policy I wonder. And if not, I wonder if there is any point to even trying to implement 'new policies'?

Steve

Stephen Philion Lecturer/PhD Candidate Department of Sociology 2424 Maile Way Social Sciences Bldg. # 247 Honolulu, HI 96822