Bin Laden: The story that needs to be told

Luke Benjamin Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Sep 12 17:46:17 PDT 2001

Perhaps I am "dead wrong." As others on the list would be happy to inform you, it wouldn't be a first. My point wasn't that the connection is prominently featured in all or even most news accounts (although you're correct that it should be). Rather, my limited claim was (and is) that the omission is far from universal.

My "doting" and "bizarre" words (tepidly) in favor of the mainstream media may be explained thusly: too often I'm dissapointed by the critiques emanating from the left that are every bit as slanted and sloppy with the truth as the worthless cant they intend to deconstruct. See Chomsky's "analysis" of the media coverage pertaining to the Khmer Rouge.

-- Luke