Bin Laden: The story that needs to be told

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 12 23:36:14 PDT 2001

Ah, yes. Aren't you the fellow who announced that you had a proper understanding of Chomsky from having read 17 pages of one of his books? I don't wish to compromise your amateur status, but here's the "comparison of the Khmer Rouge to the Free French":

"...it seems to us [Chomsky & Herman] quite important to determine whether the number of collaborators massacred in France was on the order of thousands, and whether the French Government ordered and organized the massacre. Exactly such questions arise in the case of Cambodia."

[Noam Chomsky and Edward S. Herman, "Distortions at Fourth Hand," The Nation, June 25, 1977]