CNN images are fake?

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Thu Sep 13 10:08:44 PDT 2001

did you read any of the posts following the accusations about the "repurposed" (as we'd call them in the biz) images?

i thought this one to be especially succinct in its expression of hatred:

"Personally, if it were up to me, Id say fuck you all. Everyone is quick to take handouts from the US, first to criticize, and last to help.

personally, you are all economically weak and pathetic and I'm tired of our government giving aid to you. We have enough domestic problems to waste money on others.

6 kilotons in the middle east would bring a smile on my face. 6 kilotons on every sympathizer would finish the job imho.

my gf said not to say fuck you all.. but I think it is appropriate. :) Rot in you 3rd world countries and enjoy your nice "bicycle" while I, at only 26 drive a brand new corvette to work. ;)"

the smiley faces are particularly effective. i wish this opinion were not representative. i presume you've all by now seen the "transcript" from canada about how wonderful america is (kelley--i'd be curious about this as a possible hoax. curious if anyone knows. i'll take a look into it.). it's all about how america and americans are the most underappreciated country/people in the world.

as tom friedman put it, semper fi.