CNN footage faked?

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 13 13:00:57 PDT 2001

Scrolling down further on that thread at Indymedia in Israel (btw, think if there is an Indymedia in the PA, Hanan Ashrawi must be really busy interceeding on the behalf to protect them from both the Israeli and the PA) y'all will find this URL about threats to foreign news crews. http://worldtribune.com/wta/Archive-2001/me_palestinians_09_13.html

Granted, the CNN footage shows all of about a dozen pre-adolescent boys and an adult women. BBC aired similiar footage. I wish, Yoshie would use her considerable intellect deployed against the lies of the US Empire, more often towards the disingenous agit-prop and psywar of the groups and nations that are aligned in broadly anti-imperialist fronts. I don't find it hard to understand the psychological mechanisms involved that are on display by powerless peoples armed only with rocks against tanks and helicopters. When such a spectacular event occurs against such symbolically and materially powerful symbols of US Wealth and Power, is it not understandable that immediate reactions from some would be joy at seeing the assult? Be a bit more toughminded about the agit-prop and psywar that all political movements use. Michael Pugliese