(no subject)

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 13 20:39:58 PDT 2001

You don't read very well, do you?

Neither Chomsky nor I say that terrorist attack on New York is "a small matter next to a missile raid by the US on a factory that killed one Sudanese." We both contend that more people probably died as a result of the US terrorist attack on Sudan than died in New York. I see two horrendous crimes with political causes: you see one.

Ah, but perhaps your ignorance of what Chomsky and I wrote is wilful, because you then offer a justification of the terrorist attack on Sudan ("the attack on the factory in Sudan was in response to the bombings of embassies in Kenya and Tanzania"), whereas Chomsky and I think that neither terrorist attack was justified.

(In regard to the Sudan, I agree with Nat Hentoff -- and I presume yourself -- who has pointed out in the midst of a vast silence from liberals that the government is promoting slavery and oppressing the people of the south.)

And you once again choose to miss the point about the attack on the pharmaceutical plant, this time with a pompous pleonasm ("things ... can be replaced, and human lives can not be replaced") -- that the result was thousands of deaths, which you apparently consider "a small matter."

BTW, are you having trouble with your eyes? It occurs to me that your repetition of "...sick, myopic..." as terms of abuse is not just risible, it may indicate something you're worried about ("blinded," too, I notice). Maybe that explains why you couldn't read what I (or Chomsky) wrote...

Regards, CGE