America's Greens Rally to Flag, Run for Cover

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 09:54:51 PDT 2001

. describing
> their decision not to
> run their campaign so soon after the WTC disaster as
> "flag waving" is
> silly. There's plenty of flag waving going on right
> now, but running the
> campaign in Tuesday's immediate aftermath might well
> be perceived as the
> other side of the same coin.

This is an extremely important topic to disccuss. For example, what about the World Band/IMF demonstrations in Washington DC set to take place in two weeks? Should that be cancelled for the same reason?

This reminds me vaguely of how the CP called on its miners to not support UMWA strikes during World War II.

Right now, I am trying to decide how I feel about the demonstrations to take place in Washington DC and would appreciate any ideas that list contributors might have on this subject.

-Thomas

===== <<If the purpose of the action is not to the advantage of the doer but of him who commands, then the doer is a slave, and does not serve his own interest.>> -Spinoza

__________________________________________________ Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/