on the whole CNN Palestinian Videotape hoopla

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Fri Sep 14 13:32:46 PDT 2001

I just wanted to say that it really surprised me when I read the section in Counterpunch about the article on our site. We at Indymedia Israel were cautious not to put the article in the feature section specifically because there is no evidence of the accusations given by Carvalho...no e-mail, no name of his professor that we could contact. We have a democratic publishing system and it is up to the reader to be conscious of the danger of accepting an article at face value (much in the same way, I guess for all media sources). It is important that we have the capability of allowing for open publishing, however, it does have its danger. The feature section in the middle of our page are specifically selected articles which we give prominance.

I actually would be a bit disenhearted if Counterpunch just grabbed what was written on our site and claimed it as evidence.

We sent out feelers by contacting IMC-Brasil to look into it anyway.

Bryan Atinsky IMC-Israel English Editorial Coordinator http://www.indymedia.org.il -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20010914/4e5d002e/attachment.htm>