(no subject)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Sep 14 15:06:19 PDT 2001

At 09:27 PM 9/14/01 +0000, Carl wrote:
>system. There is simply no question in my mind that the US has a relatively
>pampered society precisely because of our parasitic imperialistic
>relationship with the rest of the world.

That may or may not be true. Neither of us can prove or disprove it, or ar least do it easily, without gathering mountains of valid (i.e. containing the counterfactual) empirical evidence. But correct me if I am wrong, the main difference between your an my position is that I am willing to go either way, depending on the valid evidence presented to me, whereas you seem to have made up your mind, evidence nothwithstanding.

wojtek