(no subject)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 21:27:12 PDT 2001

>While I am far from glorifying the US system, I am not blind to facts
>either. And the facts are such that this is a remarkably open, free,
>affluent, and yes, equitable society comparing to most other countries.
>Only a fool can maintain otherwise. Thus an intelligent critique of the
>status quo in this country is that things could be much better than they
>currently are, given the vastness of US resources - as opposed to
>demonstrably false claims that things are terrible here.

Jeez, Wojtek, I can see I was wasting my time in the PR business; you're the pro at that game, notwithstanding your abhorrence of "glorifying" the US system. There is simply no question in my mind that the US has a relatively pampered society precisely because of our parasitic imperialistic relationship with the rest of the world.

Carl