What is the moral course

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Fri Sep 14 15:22:07 PDT 2001

> >>They should have learned one from the Israelis. There is still time.
> >>
> >>wojtek
> >
> >Apparently Yitzhak Rabin -- as well as those who died in a pizzeria
> >bombing, etc. -- failed to benefit from the vaunted Israeli expertise.
>
> Yoshie, let's face it. The Palestinian yahoos that blow themselves in the
> public places in Israel are nothing more than pathetic explosive streakers
> that cause relatively little damage. Add to it expertise and coordination
> - and you will get the WTC on a sunny Tuesday morning. Do you really doubt
> that killing the brains behind the WTC operation could have saved 5,000
> lives? In that context, stepping on someone's civil rights and due process
> is a small price to pay, indeed,
>
> wojtek

Wojtek, Hang on here. Palestinians that blow themselves up, as I understand it, are a product of the breakdown of the Oslo Accords, refusal to resolve the issues underlying the intifadha, the military support of Israeli settlements,....no? Take away these factors and where is the base of support for Palestinians blowing up themselves?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure killing the brains behind the WTC/Pent operation would have stopped that particular action. Others would have followed that wouldhave been equally or even more hideous...big deal...

Steve