Vote.com depressing outcomes

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Sep 16 07:04:58 PDT 2001

Countries that support them Chris. We fucking support them. If you think that it was bin Ladan, I don't, but if YOU do, then guess what? A Congressional Report earlier this year spelled it out. All countries habor bin Ladan and his financial networks in one way or another. But there are 34 who can be directly said to be "harboring" bin Ladan and Al Qaeda. That is, we know they're in this country plotting and that they probably used this country to raise funds for terrorist activities. See: htttp://www.npr.org/ramfiles/atc/20010914.atc.15.ram

At any rate, not to speak for everyone, but i don't think that anyone here thinks that the people who did this shouldn't be brought to justice. i, for one, think they should and i'm pretty sure that others here also want that. even Yoshie wants that, though not in the way you want it.

I'm not too sure bombing Afghanistan back to the stone ages is the answer since it's already one of the poorest countries on the planet. What exactly are we going to bomb. Do you really think OBL is there? I don't. How do we know where he is, b/c we sure sucked at following his activities before this. I don't even think OBL did it to begin with and I don't understand why you or anyone else has accepted gov't claptrap and the work of bumbling idiots in the CIA. (see crits of the CIA in The Atlantic Monthly printed _before_ this happened as well as in Stratfor's analysis. They suggest that all our clues thus far have been a foil to send us off on wild goose chases. Personally, I happen to think whoever did this is who we least expect and, no, not the government.)

Have we retaliated against terrorism in the past and gotten it completely wrong? You bet your ass we have. Did we kill Quadaffi? No. We killed his infant son though. Niiiiiiice. Maybe it was Quadaffi, eh Chris? Did our strikes back against terrorists work anyway? No, they haven't worked because that was putting gauze pads on gangrene. Will flexing our muscles by dragging out the cruise missles fix the conditions under which terrorism is nurtured? No, probably not.

Did you think the terrorists wouldn't know our likely response? Did you think that they were going to hide out where we expected them to hide out? They're probably right here in this country, and why not?

I don't speak for everyone and I don't know what Marta means but maybe she just doesn't like justice through war, maybe she thinks justice through the legal system is the answer -- just like we did for McVeigh and McNichols. What's the difference in your mind chris? Because I'm sure McV and McN sure would have liked to have destroyed 6k or more people, don't you? Or did you think that we shoulda blown their brains out without a trial? If you extend that right to them, why? If you didn't bitch at people who weren't calling for a lynching then, why are you now?

I sure would like to see justice. If I had my druthers, I'd like to engage in some sophisticated, long, slow, patient psywar against the mf's so that they don't know how we're doing it and they will be driven mad wondering when and if they are going to die. Nothing we've done actually justifies this kind of behavior. Nothing. And, if we discover it is someone who has a bone to pick with our policies in the ME, then I'd also like to see us tell Israel where to get off: by demanding more humane policies in the middle east, a recognition of all the terrorism that others have suffered for years at the hands of Israel, a country which is basically our tool. If these were people from the middle east, people opposed to Israel and the US, and I still don't actually believe that yet or that hatred of the US/Israel is even the reason behind these attacks, then there is some serious work that we can do to alleviate the conditions under which terrorism is propagated.

Kelley