conspiracy theory

Lawrence lawrence at krubner.com
Sun Sep 16 13:21:35 PDT 2001

> In it, they said a waitress at a strip club in Florida
> overheard some men saing anti-American things and
> leaving behind a copy of the Koran. Now,
> fundamentalist Muslims in a strip club? Doubtful.
> Leaving behind a copy of the Koran? Sounds a little
> fishy to me

The Washington Post, about 4 years ago, had an article about private strip clubs in Iran. These would be groups of men who would hire women to come to a private house and dance. The one image from that article that stuck with me most was a large party that had hired 2 women to come and have sex with each other while the men watched, and while the men watched, this one guy, obviously deeply conflicted, moved around the crowd, staring at the women and yet at the same time muttering, "We are all bad Muslims." The Washington Post reported that the other men at the party were made uncomfortable by this man, and moved away from him.