Appeal to US citizens

Jacob Segal jpsegal at rcn.com
Sun Sep 16 05:54:07 PDT 2001

on 9/16/01 8:09 PM, Chris Burford at cburford at gn.apc.org wrote:

> Can someone post a report about the meeting in the New York Brecht Forum
> yesterday?

Brief summary of the Forum from a City Universit part-timers, list

I attended the anti-war meeting held at the Brecht Forum this afternoon. Over 66 groups were represented (I saw several people from CUNY). The thrust was to discuss and plan for activities that would advance our survival as a planet (my words)--teach ins, community support, media correctives. I don't think that those who want to avoid a war are any less patriotic, realistic, or compassionate than those who think that a war will achieve the advancement of humanity. Let us at least give each other the benefit of good will, even if we differ in our judgments. The following letter, I think, sheds some light on the complexity before us. Also, this aft it was reported that there were 46 instances of attacks on Arab looking people in the city. Marcia

Jacob Segal