Israel question

James Baird jlbaird3 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 23:59:25 PDT 2001

> Jews of the time of Herodotos, and ever since, rely
> not on "recent
> scholarship" but on their own historical memory as
> recorded in the
> books we call the "Bible." "Exodus" insists that
> circumcision was
> introduced by Moses, in Egypt.
>
> Shane Mage

Hmmm... well, I like I said, I really don't know much about the scholarship, but how much faith can you put in the Bible as a "historical record", especially considering that the Mosaic chronicles were passed down in oral form for centuries before being written down? I mean, Exodus says Moses parted the Red Sea - does that mean it's true?

Jim Baird

__________________________________________________ Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/