Go after OBL's $$$$

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Mon Sep 17 01:58:39 PDT 2001

Daniel Davies wrote:

> some sensible money-laundering controls put in place
> in a couple of key financial centres, there are an awful
> lot more extremely unpleasant people who could also
> be caught.

Is that a direction we really want to go? Don't we all have our unpleasant days?

(Just playing devil's advocate. But what's "sensible" - ?)

> Interestingly, of course, if ObL is as devout a Muslim as he is portrayed, his
> money will only be held in non-usurious sharia-compliant banks. Or, more
> likely, in gold bullion.

Maybe he has an e-Gold account <http://www.e-gold.com>

By the way, notwithstanding my earlier posts referring to bin Laden, I myself have yet to leap on the bandwagon that seems to have fixated on him as the guilty party.

I just heard from a friend today who worked in one of the buildings at "ground zero." She said she'd taken the day off (last Tuesday) owing to a headache.

--

/ dave /