Go after OBL's $$$$

Chris Beggy news at kippona.com
Mon Sep 17 12:30:45 PDT 2001

/ dave / <arouet at winternet.com> writes:

> Thanks - I could swear the guy I heard said Japan, but maybe I just need sleep.

You're right:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010917/ts/attack_financial_probe_dc_1.html

Japan's markets were closed by the time the first plane collided. The Europeean markets were the better place for an evil insider to close out the short positions, and try to make settlement ahead of regulatory inquiry.

On 9/11 I happened to be in the office of a futures trader who specializes in the CAC40, DAX, FTSE100, and SP100 contracts. He felt that their daily volatility increased, but the net moves down by the end of the day were muted because the NYSE et al. never opened.

Chris