(no subject)

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Sep 17 15:08:52 PDT 2001

Leo wrote:

including Chomsky -- have become so fixated on the US as a source
>of evil in the world, that they have lost their moral compasses, and will
>forgive or diminish any outrage, so long as it is committed in the name
of striking a blow against US imperialism.

----That is such a distortion of Chomsky's position. He neither diminish outrages (although we could say that he subjected to seriouus doubt the moral tenability of the Bushes and Powells' anger given their involvment in support for state terrorism in the past and at present) nor forgave the outrage. Just bizarre how you come up with this stuff. Like I said, I wish more were like Chomsky, daring to say what is a big no no to say about the US state. When liberals were afraid to criticize US policy in Afghanistan, people like Chomsky, Stephen Cohen, Richard Barnett, etc. were criticising what the CIA was doing to make last week tragedy possible.

Steve

Stephen Philion Lecturer/PhD Candidate Department of Sociology 2424 Maile Way Social Sciences Bldg. # 247 Honolulu, HI 96822