Another Voice of the Reactionary Right Heard From

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Sep 18 10:01:21 PDT 2001

Luke Benjamin Weiger wrote:

>Many thanks to James, Daniel, and Doug. Collectively, you've served to
>make my point better than my over-the-top sarcasm ever could.

What point is that? That Dissent has a long and dishonorable history in cheering on imperial war? That its Vietnam "expert" was a CIA guy who wrote the South Vietnamese constitution? That Irving Howe disliked the antiwar movement because it was full of hippies & Commies? That Jo-Ann Mort welcomes the militarization of Europe? That Michael Walzer called the Korean War a just war? There's a lot about that magazine & its culture that's deeply repellent.

Doug