Irony

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 21:45:39 PDT 2001

>Progressives in New York must be really pissed because one of their
>favorite targets was Giuliani who has turned out to be a fairly
>courageous and organized mayor (or at least he looks that way on tv)
>in the middle of a tremendous disaster. Now that has to really hurt.

Yes, even I -- a serious Giuliani loather from way back -- must admit that he put in a solid performance. But I predict he'll be back to being a world-class asshole in no time. Plus, I predict that NYC's newfound feeling of community will prove evanescent as well, and New Yorkers will be back to their old surly selves pronto. Every time the city undergoes a wave of increased security, people get really sick really fast of flashing IDs for building guards and get quite vocal in their annoyance.

Carl