Fwd: Arab-American Center Needs Help

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Sep 18 20:42:00 PDT 2001

From: Sylvie Myerson <sandbox at echonyc.com> Subject: Arab-American Center Needs Help Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:23:17 -0400

The Arab-American Family Support Center is on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn....

Subject: help needed at the Arab-American center Date: 13 Sep 2001 16:18:34 EDT From: EMILY JACIR <ejacir at usa.net>

Dear friends,

We are really swamped here at the Arab-American Family Support Center. We have kids scared to go to school, mothers to scared to leave their homes to buy food for their families. People are being attacked, Arab children have reported this afternoon, teachers who attacked them verbally.

There are now 4 reported attacks in Bay Ridge. Families are contacting us because they are to seared to talk to the American police. Children are at home scared. The media is calling us from all over the world every minute. Please help.This is what we need:

-volunteers to escort women to go buy food and to walk kids to and from school. If you can help, please send me your phone number, name, and the neighborhood you live in and work in.

- I need a list of Arab professionals and intellectuals and university students that I can give to all the media who keep calling. If you can speak to the media, please send me your name, number, and profession, major etc.

Thanks! Emily