Civil Liberties

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Sep 19 08:23:07 PDT 2001

Thanks.

You couldn't find it because I never said it. What I think I said is that when everybody else is grieving or being inundated with patriotic messages, there is not much space for sharp criticism that relates U.S. policy to terrorism, but that there would be space pretty soon.

I am encouraged by seeing stuff in relatively unenlightened quarters acknowledging the pertinence of the U.S. role in the ME. It is possible to engage this without letting OBL et al. off the hook.

mbs

Max you are right. I replied to the comment from memory, when I looked in the archive I could not find. That was a schumcky thing to do, and I apologize.