Civil Liberties

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Sep 19 08:59:59 PDT 2001

Max Sawicky wrote:

> It
> is possible to engage this without letting
> OBL et al. off the hook.

What evidence is there that would be sufficient in an ordinary crime to swear out a warrant for his arrest. The only evidence I've seen cited is that he dislikes the U.S., but he has denied it, and it seems like that denial should be sufficient to bar his extradition until there is a lot more substance.

I'm beginning to doubt that any organization (or person) with a _name_ was behind the attack. Formal terrorist organizations announce their actions. This seems more like an action brought about by a loose informal grouping (something like the Black Blocs, etc.) Over on the marxism list Lou, I, others are arguing against a conspiracy theory that the WH & the CIA did it; but the evidence against bin Laden is just as shaky.

Carrol