Diversity

Todd Archer arch0005 at algonquincollege.com
Wed Sep 19 13:53:40 PDT 2001

Doug said:

>Both left of their own accord, and both are free to return (as are
>Charles Brown and Rakesh Bhandari).

>May I put forward a suggestion for "vote"? I ask the chair that it (the
>suggestion, not the furniture) be recognized that LBO-Talk will welcome
>back Brad DeLong and Leo Casey if and when they choose to return.

OK, it seems I wasn't clear.

Doug: I know Leo left of his own accord; he sent me and a few others a note stating such. I assumed Brad would leave, given the tone of his last posts, and I wasn't terribly surprised when it came out that he had. I wasn't implying that you had kicked them off or would keep them off the list.

Dennis: I never asked you qua you to welcome them back. I asked that "LBO-Talk" welcome them back. Doug is the first image that comes to my mind when LBO-Talk is mentioned, and he is the closest person we have to a "chair" for the group. I was referring to Doug.

I figured he would, in responding positively to my request, post a polite welcome back in a spirit of "no hard feelings" should either Leo or Brad re-appear. If he chose not to, well fine-and-dandy; neither Leo nor Brad would worry about it, I'm sure. I merely brought it up to show Brad and Leo (should they decide to lurk via the archive) that they are not universally hated on the list. I put it into a cool "formal parliamentary" request format to emphasize that, while I wouldn't mind their return, I'm hardly going to go to pieces should they not (nor will anyone else, I warrant).

'Nuff said on this.

Todd