Operation Infinite Justice

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 19 15:06:48 PDT 2001

kelley wrote:

>i got the impression doug was disturbed by all the arm chair analysis

Yeah. There's almost a pornographic aspect to it (which is unfair to porn, sorry), a laptop bombardier aspect to it, a cheap yellow j'ism aspect to it, and even some kind of unexamined weapon envy and bloodlust. It only inflames things, which is not what we need right now. Everybody seems to know an FBI agent, second or third hand, who's said something or other, or has talked to a cousin who knows a lieutenant colonel. Seems to me we need coolness, accuracy, and thoughtfulness more than ever right now.

Doug