A Suggestion for Leftist Rhetoric

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 20 12:55:39 PDT 2001

> >What's the relation
> >between the act of "insanity" and "our own errors"?
>
>I don't think there's a relation. I think of the hijackers' madness as
>something separate than the rage of the average Palestinian. In fact,
>we have all made a point of differentiating the two groups.

If there is no relation between the act of "insanity" & the U.S. government's "errors," I don't think you can make a claim that "such acts of madness become the dominant driving force behind history as long as we do not admit to our own errors." Unless the "errors" in question are thought of as causes of "such acts of madness" in some sense, admitting to the "errors" won't do anything to prevent "acts of madness" from becoming "the driving force behind history."

BTW, who's going to do the "admitting"? The U.S. government? American citizens? And after the admission, what then?

Yoshie