Tricky Dick and Slick (was Herman Kahn on Acid)

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Sep 20 13:02:53 PDT 2001

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:41:21 -0700 (PDT) Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> writes:
> > The idea of the rotund Herman (mutually assured
> > destruction) Kahn on acid is
> > enough to cause a flashback.
> >

> I guess a lot of people have speculated that a hit of
> acid might have changed Nixon for the better, but this
> story about Kahn diminishes that speculation. Of
> course, then the guy who made psilocybin mushrooms
> known to the US, Gordon Wasson, was pretty right-wing
> himself.

Back when LSD was still legal, a number of prominent people experimented with it including Clare Booth Luce (wife of Henry Luce), Anaïs Nin, André Previn, and Cary Grant. I don't think that any of these people were changed by it for the better, although I don't think that any of them suffered any ill effects from it either.

Jim F.