Probability (was RE: Civil Liberties)

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Thu Sep 20 14:22:34 PDT 2001

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Shane Mage wrote:

> BUT only if the coin a.) has two *different* faces, b.) each side is evenly
> weighted, and c.) there are no "occult" influences manipulating the
> outcome. If these assumptions are not all proven to be unwarranted,
> you are much better off betting on a continuation of the run (would
> anyone in the audience for R&GAD even dream of betting "tails" on
> the last toss) ?

Heh, but I have a degree in physics, which means I hand-wave away all those concerns until I'm left with just the quations I can solve. We call this normalizing. :-)

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ PGP Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 icq: 120941588

I do not want to die without any scars.

-Tyler Durden