Alterman

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Fri Sep 21 06:41:35 PDT 2001

Tis a sad day when Alterman makes more sense than Hitchens who, for some reason or another (the loss of his friend Barbara Olson?), has fallen in line with Marty Peretz and Andrew Sullivan. He hasn't come out for bombing -- yet. The Nation waits . . .

http://thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20011008&s=alterman

DP

I haven't seen any evidence Hitchens has fallen in line with Peretz or Sullivan.

For instance, I doubt either would pass on the fact that the Colin Powell

gave are great friends in the Taliban $43 million just four months ago to

help in their war on drugs. To me, the war on terrorism is starting to sound

like the war on drugs, with its own cabinet position, or czar, etc.

Peter