What the Chinese are up too.

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 21 10:58:09 PDT 2001

Earlier today I read a story about Jiang Zemin making a lot of phone calls to world leaders. Blair mentioned. Chirac. Others I think it was front page NYT or something as obvious because it was one of the first things I saw when I got on line. Could have been the google translation of Le Monde. Anyway. I have just spent an hour searching for that story, in Reuters, etc, and I swear it's gone. The tone was kinda dramatic, implying this action was exceptional, but now, it's an UN-story.