Democracy in Afghanistan

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri Sep 21 10:50:23 PDT 2001

At 12:58 PM 09/21/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> > No democracy for the Afghani, no sir! They might actually start,
>God
> > Forbid!, thinking for themselves!

I share your revulsion, but what exactly does it mean to fight for democracy in a tribal society? This is a real question. I have not studied Anthropology or Sociology...so how exactly does that work? This is important inasmuch as the left is responsible for presenting alternate possibilities, rather than simply criticizing whatever the US happens to be doing or promoting.

Joanna B.