"Behind the Terror" [BBC-Discovery coproduction]

Cliff Cunnington cliff at ccnet.demon.nl
Fri Sep 21 15:39:58 PDT 2001

Hi,

A very slick piece of pro-war film was aired on *Discovery Europe* this evening (Friday): "Behind the Terror".

Consists mainly of spliced together old BBC (bin Laden, 1998) and Discovery documentaries, hosted / narrated by Forrest [???] with a smouldering Manhattan as background.

Other main features:

- Jane Corbin: ObL's life and career; Al Turabi on ObL (BBC, 1998);

- FBI, CIA, ex-NSA people;

- explanation of ObL's perversion of the "great Islamic religion" (Lord Ahmed

and others);

- airport security equipment;

- Albright, Richardson, + others;

- Afghan opposition spokesman;

- NYSE opening 17 Sep, flags at half-mast, destruction;

- National Cathedral (DC);

- lots more flags with sombre music.

[Aired with no breaks; long, long credits.]

Probably coming to a small screen near you -- very soon. No details at Discovery or BBC sites that I could find. Runs for about 90 mins (I think, missed the beginning).

Cliff

[On and off lbo-talk lurker -- 'til now.]