Homeland Security dot org

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Fri Sep 21 20:28:29 PDT 2001

Hi,

Almost the entire article is based on the "statements" from a single unnamed source supposedly close to the "Washington Metropolitan Police." Among the more dubious claims was that a signals intelligence unit, composed in real life primarily of desk-sitting computer jockeys, was somehow able to send 700 field agents into the streets of Washington.

Odd that nobody noticed the 10 busloads of agents arrive, or that 700 agents amounts to more than one per corner in the demo area.

It was rubbish then, it is still rubbish.

-Chip

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Robert Dean" <qualiall_2 at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 11:05 PM Subject: Re: Homeland Security dot org

<http://www.intelligenceonline.com/detail/detail_ART/p_detail.asp?DOC_I_ID=24042 9&Context=REC&ContextInfo=WTO|INTELLIGENCE%20NEWSLETTER|Tous&CodeAffilie=A_INDIG O&SER_ID=ART&PAGE=1>